Alabama – Sherri Rosa said she and her family are grateful to be alive after the fire. Their house burned to the ground the day after Christmas.
Her daughter, Ashlee Rosa, 23, said her 13-year-old brother heard a knock on the door that day.
“A lady had told my mom that the reason he heard the knocking was because it was God knocking on the door to let him know to get out of the house because the house was burning,” Ashlee said. “If they wouldn’t have gotten out in time when he heard that knocking, they would have probably been in that back room, and they wouldn’t have been able to get out where they were at.”
“I speak what I think. I don’t sugar coat anything. I have very little filter, but I have a big heart and I believe in God,” Rosa said. “God was definitely here that day.”
Later, they found Sherri’s father’s Bible and his ashes, along with their car keys.. Since the fire, the smaller Bible has been opening to a page in the Book of Proverbs.
“I am weary, God,” it reads. “But I can prevail.”
Firefighters told them faulty wiring in the attic started the fire, WBMA reported.